If you already have a Google+ page or Google Places account, they will automatically be upgraded to Google My Business. If however, you don’t have an account. Join Google My Business now. I assure you, it’s worth it.
Google My Business – What is it? Why use it?
Google My Business is a free online platform. An integrated tool which works by putting all of Google’s business-orientated services into one place. Google My Business helps business owners increase their online visibility – and allows people to find, engage with and review businesses in their local area.
With this new tool, you’ll be able to:
- Update your business information on Search, Maps and Google+ from one place.
- Add photos of your business and provide a virtual tour of your business.
- Connect and interact directly with your customers by sharing news, events and other important updates.
- Stay on top of reviews across the web, and respond to Google reviews.
- Use tools such as Insights, Reviews, Adwords, and Analytics to understand how people find and interact with your business.
Previous users of Google+ and Google Places for business will be automatically upgraded.
If you aren’t a current user, you can sign up now via https://www.google.co.uk/business/
From there, you’ll be invited to “Get on Google” to set up your page. Once signed up, you are then asked to describe your business and location. You have the option to link your Google+ page, if you have one. If you don’t, then you’ll be asked to set on up, as it’s an important tool which allows you to share valuable content and proactively engage with your customers.
Before the information can be published, Google will post you a card with a pin and reference number to allow you to complete the registration process.
Once you’re set up, you’ll have an integrated page with your business details, your location and Google+ page – which will be accessible through all devices. You can manage your information on-the-go with the Google My Business App – available on Android and iOS.